Sunday, April 26, 2009

4/26 Update

So, as you may know, I recently got back from my visit to North Greenville. They gave me an offer of $7,000 for the 09-10 school year. 36 credit hours are required to graduate and the cost of tuition is $265 per credit hour to total up to $9540. Overall, that is a pretty decent offer. We will definitely keep that one on the board but I was not that impressed with my visit. I don't know if this school can come close to providing the academic and social atmosphere that I am used to at Duke. The facilities were quite subpar compared to the d1 level, but are pretty close to what I expected. I have 10 days to accept or decline their offer. I expect to hear back from ECU's business school and if I get in, I will likely decline the offer from NGU. The coaches treated me well and took me out to dinner, but I question the social and academic nature of that campus. There is not a whole lot going on in Tigerville, SC which is on par with Como, NC. This visit has got me questioning the d2 thing in general if I can't find a place with a really good education. We will see how it unfolds. The coach from Tiffin just called and wants me to finish the application so they can give me a package. Lets git'r'dun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My name is Justin Freeman and I played football at Hertford County High School until 2004 and graduated in 2005. I then walked on and played at Duke University and played 2005-2008 and graduated May 2009. I played under Ted Roof (3 years) and David Cutcliffe (1 year). I coached at Duke for a semester until I graduated. After that, I enrolled in the MBA program at ECU and coached the offensive line as a student assistant under Coach Holtz' staff. I spent a few months with Coach McNeill's staff before deciding to pursue other options. I am very familiar with the various D-1 football programs in NC as a player and as a coach and felt the need to start this site to give a little insight.