Thursday, April 16, 2009

4/16 Update

Ok, so far today I have talked to the coach from Mars Hill and he asked me to talk to an academic guy, who was a Duke alum. After talking to him, I decided to decline Mars Hill since they did not have a graduate program or a way for me to obtain a second degree quickly.

I also talked to the coach from Pace University and he basically gave me my first monetary offer. Tuition, etc. to the school runs around 29,500 and he would be able to get me 21,000. So, this would put me at an $8500 first year of school. However, I'd have pay the remaining 29,500 for the second year. Therefore, the cost would run me around $38,000. There is also limited possibility of coaching the second year. We will have to check on ways to finance the second year.

Third, I talked to the coach from Harding University and found a bit of a gem. Although they are located in Searcy, Arkansas, I like the way they do business. It is a Christian school and the football team reflects those same values, something I could definitely get along with. He is big on the idea of looking me in the eye and possibly working me out before he makes an offer, so we will see how that goes. This will probably only happen if I make a visit to the middle of the country to visit several schools. I would assume no potential for a full scholarship. I like the integrity of the program though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My name is Justin Freeman and I played football at Hertford County High School until 2004 and graduated in 2005. I then walked on and played at Duke University and played 2005-2008 and graduated May 2009. I played under Ted Roof (3 years) and David Cutcliffe (1 year). I coached at Duke for a semester until I graduated. After that, I enrolled in the MBA program at ECU and coached the offensive line as a student assistant under Coach Holtz' staff. I spent a few months with Coach McNeill's staff before deciding to pursue other options. I am very familiar with the various D-1 football programs in NC as a player and as a coach and felt the need to start this site to give a little insight.